Jr. Test and Evaluation (T&E) Engineer
Garud Technology Services, Inc. (GTS) is in search of a motivated, self-driven person who works well independently and has a firm grasp on statistics/statistical analysis. Applicants should have a passion for their work, be innovative, and possess strong math and data analysis skills. GTS candidates are focused and solution-oriented individuals who work well independently and exhibit a high degree of initiative and critical thinking skills in order to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment, and are not easily distracted from assigned tasks.
An ideal candidate would be a self-disciplined, detail-oriented, analytical thinker who can develop electronic data collection methods and repositories from written requirements while applying mathematical statistics (i.e., design of experiments) to collect operational information against those requirements. Further, candidates must be able to conduct post-test data reduction and analysis and communicate results into graphical representation for inclusion in test reports that inform government decision makers. Individuals must possess strong analytical, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct analysis of operational requirements and translate requirements and test information into understandable Test and Evaluation (T&E) products (i.e., test plans and final reports).
- Develop data collection tools (electronic and others) and MS Access Databases in support of test events.
- Identify gaps in operational requirement sets to focus data collection activities.
- Conduct post-test data analysis and develop final reports following test events.
- Track information gained/data collected in the field and at test venues, used for validating requirements, and ultimately resolving Critical Operational Issues (COIs).
- Make recommendations on the adequacy of the data collected and the statistical significance of test results.
- Apply statistical methods to data collection and test results to determine mathematical confidence levels.
- Provide daily T&E support to Federal Operational Test Agent, Project Managers, T&E Working Integrated Project Team, and staff members from both on and off client site.
- Plan, initiate, and develop comprehensive electronic data repositories from written operational requirement sets.
- Plan and implement electronic and written data collection methodologies based on analysis of operational requirement sets.
- Apply Design-of-Experiment/statistical data collection methodologies, in support of Mission Based Testing methods.
- Develop electronic data collection tools (i.e., iPad/Tablet, etc.) for download to data repositories.
- Develop online, or government SharePoint site electronic surveys.
- Track T&E results-to-requirements following operational testing (e.g. RVTM).
- Analyze test results.
- Develop charts/graphs that illustrate test results.
- Provides administrative support for other tasks as assigned.
Education & Credential:
A degree in Statistics/Mathematics or a related field is desired, however, relevant experience in the areas mentioned would be considered.
Must have at least 2-years of professional experience in statistical/mathematical application and or test and evaluation.
Recent or current work and background investigation clearance with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) or another Component within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is required.
Must be an excellent Microsoft Access electronic database developer with the ability to develop electronic data forms and surveys based on research of written operational requirements. Strong Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills are also a must.
Springfield, VA or Virginia Beach, VA. Some travel to test events is expected.
Citizenship and Security Clearance Requirements:
US citizenship is required. Selected applicant will need to successfully complete a DHS Customs and Border Protection background investigation (BI) prior to beginning work. Nothing in applicants’ history should prevent them from obtaining a security clearance.
Immediately – This is a Full-Time, funded position
Will be commensurate with experience. GTS has highly competitive benefits, excellent development opportunities and a great working environment. For more information on benefits follow the link: GTS Careers – Join Our Team
Garud Technology Services Inc. (GTS), is a Maryland-based, SBA 8(A) certified, Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business. We are an agile, responsive and customer-focused provider of operational, technical and program management services driven by a leadership and senior consulting force with decades of Senior Executive, Federal Homeland Security, Public Safety and Intelligence Community experience. Our principles and subject matter experts provide specialized knowledge, skills and national-level expertise in Homeland Security-focused operations, applied scientific and technical governance and integrated planning, portfolio and program management to augment and complement our Federal Government customer workforce. Learn more about Garud at www.garudtechnology.com.