IT Systems Engineer (with Cloud Experience)
Garud Technology Services, Inc. (GTS) is in search of a motivated, self-driven Systems Engineer who works well independently, and is interested in working with software systems and has some working knowledge with migrating government systems to cloud platforms. Applicants must have a passion for their work, have strong analytical skills, and possess strong verbal and written communication and analytic skills. They must have experience with systems engineering process development, data analysis, and the implementation of technical solutions to real-world requirements. If you are interested in having a direct impact on matters dealing with homeland and national security, this position is for you!
This individual will need to leverage expertise in systems engineering, technical and management processes to quickly become proficient in the program-specific policies and procedures concerning its use in supporting system development and operations activities on the program. The Systems Engineer participates in efforts that develop recommendations and advise on system development, improvements, optimization, or other support efforts.
- Support Systems Engineering Activities, as directed, and provide quality deliverables
- Assist with Program-level data center migration efforts to ensure alignment with Agency strategies and the parameters set by the target environment vendor, while ensuring system performance requirements and security controls are met.
- Assisting with the integration of multiple cloud capabilities while ensuring compliance with system requirements such as service availability, quality, outage management, subscription management, correlation of usage and charges, and cost-efficient solution architecture.
- Construct systems, system diagrams and business process diagrams
- Interpret and understand government standards (such as FISMA security controls) and support their application to existing and new systems.
- Understand and can explain linkages among systems, processes and business objectives
- Develop innovative ways to use data resulting from existing processes and systems to provide analysis and timely reports to inform program and technical decision making.
- Utilize Atlassian and Microsoft automated collaboration tools (e.g., JIRA and Microsoft SharePoint) with the objective of providing progress transparency and improved communications among stakeholders
- Work in a cross-functional environment and with multiple internal and external stakeholders, coordinating, communicating and implementing customer requirements
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, MS Access, Visio and Excel, etc.
- Employ good written and verbal communication skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems or related field is desired, however, relevant experience in the areas mentioned would be considered.
- Must have at least 7-years of professional experience in IT systems engineering.
- Recent or current work with Customs and Border Protection (CBP) or another Component within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is required. Applicants must have working technical knowledge of government cloud solutions. Must exhibit a high degree of initiative and critical thinking skills in order to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment. Must possess strong analytical, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills. Must also have the ability to develop reports and graphs based on the data analysis.
Work to be performed at client site in Springfield, VA
Citizenship and Security Clearance Requirements:
US citizenship is required. Selected applicant will need to successfully complete a DHS Customs and Border Protection background investigation (BI) prior to beginning work. Nothing in applicants’ history should prevent them from obtaining a security clearance. Persons with an existing BI for DHS Customs and Border Protection (CBP) are preferred.
Immediately – This is a Full-Time, funded position
Will be commensurate with experience. GTS has highly competitive benefits, excellent development opportunities and a great working environment. For more information on benefits follow the link: GTS Careers – Join Our Team
Garud Technology Services Inc. (GTS), is a Maryland-based, SBA 8(A) certified, Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business. We are an agile, responsive and customer-focused provider of operational, technical and program management services driven by a leadership and senior consulting force with decades of Senior Executive, Federal Homeland Security, Public Safety and Intelligence Community experience. Our principles and subject matter experts provide specialized knowledge, skills and national-level expertise in Homeland Security-focused operations, applied scientific and technical governance and integrated planning, portfolio and program management to augment and complement our Federal Government customer workforce. Learn more about Garud at www.garudtechnology.com.