Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) & Quality Assurance (QA) Oversight Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Garud Technology Services, Inc. (GTS) is seeking an experienced IVV & QA SME to serve as an Oversight Analyst on the implementation of large federal financial systems. He/She will assess and recommend industry best practices while providing an objective assessment of applications, systems, and processes on multiple government agencies. Conduct formal and informal reviews at predetermined points throughout the software/system engineering life cycle. He/She will be supporting the Project Manager to develop and execute the IV&V plan, and you will execute all activities required to verify and validate the technical solutions and schedules.
Applicants must have a passion for their work, be innovative, and possess strong verbal and written analytic skills. Candidates are expected to be focused and solution-oriented individuals that work well independently, while leading and/or contributing to a cross-functional team of experts. If you are interested in effecting change, and having a direct impact on matters dealing with homeland and national security, this position is for you!
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Work as part of a small team providing oversight and analysis of financial system modernization activities performed by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and its components
- Participate in meetings regarding methodology, strategy and approach reporting findings, recommendations and observations
- Participate in research on similar efforts, including financial systems implementation, management of federal shared service providers, and PMO support efforts undertaken in the public and private sectors to provide the benchmarks against requirements from the project’s inception to its full implementation
- Participate in the development and implementation of quality control methodologies to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards, guidelines, and procedures
- Ability to actively research and demonstrate knowledge of the majority of the following:
- Risk Management
- SELC planning, execution, and O&M
- Integrated Master Schedule
- Data Management
- Budget and Cost Management
- Organizational Change Management
- Participate in formal and informal reviews at predetermined points throughout the systems engineering life cycle
- Execute ad hoc studies and analyses in support of the CFO
- Evaluate performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success
- Execute all activities required to verify and validate the technical solutions and schedules
- 5 – 15 years of experience with system implementations (preferably financial system), including relevant experience within the last 5 years
- Experience with Program / Project life cycle implementation support
- Subject Matter Expertise in systems implementation, audit, policy & planning, and/or financial management operations
- Preferably Experience the DHS MD-102 and supporting best practices
- Preferred experience in CMMI and ISO standards
- Bachelor’s Degree and greater than 5 years of experience (degree preferably in IT, accounting, or business management)
- Knowledge of the PMBOK (PMP certification a plus)
- Expertise with MS Office tools
- Must be able to pass DHS clearance / EOD
Location: Washington, DC
Citizenship and Security Clearance Requirements:
Applicants must have a US citizenship, and a DoD Secret clearance, and will need to successfully complete a background investigation (BI) prior to beginning work. Nothing in applicants’ history should prevent them from obtaining DHS security suitability. Persons with an existing BI for DHS are preferred.
Position Availability: Contingent, Full-Time position; March 2018
Salary: Will be commensurate with experience. GTS has highly competitive benefits, excellent development opportunities and a great working environment. For more information on benefits follow the link GTS Careers – Join Our Team
Contact: HR@garudtechnology.com, 571-439-6148.
Garud Technology Services Inc.,(GTS), is a Maryland-based, Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business (EDWOSB), SBA-Certified 8(a) Firm, and a highly-specialized provider of Technical, Professional and Manufacturing services to organizations with demanding requirements. Our portfolio of customers includes Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Department of Defense (DOD) Program Offices tasked to develop, test and support cutting-edge technologies. Our team includes engineers and scientists with hard-to-find experience and qualifications, and we apply industry accepted quality processes including CMMI-DEV (Level II Appraised) and ISO-9001 (Certified). Learn more about GTS at www.garudtechnology.com.