Acquisition, Logistic & Deployment Support Specialist
Garud Technology Services, Inc. (GTS) is seeking an experienced Acquisition, Logistic & Deployment Support Specialist to provide program support in the acquisition, development, testing and deployment of enhanced and next generation sensor/detection systems. The successful candidate shall have comprehensive knowledge of government acquisition and systems engineering process frameworks and experience providing program planning and advisory support in a complex acquisition environment.
Applicants must have a passion for their work, be innovative, and possess strong verbal and written communication and analytic skills. Candidates are expected to be focused and solution-oriented individuals that work well independently, while leading and/or contributing to a cross-functional team of experts. If you are interested in effecting change, and having a direct impact on matters dealing with homeland and national security, this position is for you!
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide program management, acquisition, contract execution, and life-cycle support to a major DHS or DOD program.
- Facilitate the planning, acquisition, contract execution, and deployment of systems to support the global and domestic radiation and nuclear detection architecture.
- Prepare executive level program briefs.
- Monitor and track program costs, schedules, and technical status reports.
- Establish, update and maintain budgets.
- Provide support for DHS program reviews and develop program acquisition documents in accordance with DHS Acquisition Management Directive 102-01.
- Coordinate and interface across a broad stakeholder community
- 10 years’ work experience with a Bachelor’s degree in a highly analytical field of study or a Masters’ and eight (8) years’ experience.
- Demonstrated experience working as an acquisition specialist supporting a multi-disciplinary team in a complex government system development and acquisition environment required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of government acquisition and systems engineering process frameworks and experience contributing to the development of key systems engineering life cycle (SELC) artifacts.
- Superior interpersonal and written/oral communications a must.
- High proficiency with the MS Office Suite required.
- Current active Secret clearance and ability to obtain DHS Suitability.
Location: Washington, DC
Citizenship and Security Clearance Requirements:
Applicants must have a US citizenship, and a DoD Secret clearance, and will need to successfully complete a background investigation (BI) prior to beginning work. Nothing in applicants’ history should prevent them from obtaining DHS security suitability. Persons with an existing BI for DHS are preferred.
Position Availability: Immediately – This is a Full-Time, funded position
Salary: Will be commensurate with experience. GTS has highly competitive benefits, excellent development opportunities and a great working environment. For more information on benefits follow the link GTS Careers – Join Our Team
Contact: Robert Aguilera, Director of Business Operations,email@example.com, 571-439-6148.
Garud Technology Services Inc.,(GTS), is a Maryland-based, Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business (EDWOSB), SBA-Certified 8(a) Firm, and a highly-specialized provider of Technical, Professional and Manufacturing services to organizations with demanding requirements. Our portfolio of customers includes Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Department of Defense (DOD) Program Offices tasked to develop, test and support cutting-edge technologies. Our team includes engineers and scientists with hard-to-find experience and qualifications, and we apply industry accepted quality processes including CMMI-DEV (Level II Appraised) and ISO-9001 (Certified). Learn more about GTS at www.garudtechnology.com.