Garud Technology Services, Inc. (GTS) is in search of a Proposal Manager with strong Federal Market experience that works well independently, and in direct support of company capture pursuits. Applicants must have a passion for their work, and demonstrated skills, possessing strong verbal and written communication and analytic skills. If you are interested in having a direct impact on matters dealing with homeland and national security, this position is for you!
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Proposal Manager will work collaboratively with technical leads to prepare winning proposals and presentations. The ideal candidate is comfortable in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, can manage multiple concurrent initiatives, and enjoys working with different personality styles and management levels, both in person and across locations. Successful candidate will assist with preparation of marketing materials (flatsheets and qualifications documents), client and market research, coordination of social media efforts, local events, and other duties that promote the GTS brand. Candidate will ensure proposals meet all RFP requirements and provide oversight to the proposal improvement process. Other areas of responsibility include:
- Responsible for using the proposal process, tools, and templates in leading teams to develop high quality proposal responses. This process involves interpretation of solicitation requirements for document organization and production as well as maintaining accurate and timely communications regarding document status, proposal team meetings, and formal reviews.
- Serve as a thought partner in the development and maintenance of proposal libraries, databases, and other sources of information
- Identify tasks, assign responsibilities, and develop production schedule
- Adhere to file structure, archive, and back-up procedures for all proposal materials while establishing electronic proposal file access and tracking protocols for documentation
- Create and tailor templates and compliance matrices for assigned proposal efforts
- Conduct training for proposal team members, coordinate and lead proposal kickoff meetings, and work collaboratively to help teams follow industry best practices for proposal development
- Develop content for non-technical portions of the proposal response such as staffing, management, resumes and past performance
- Assemble drafts providing review, formatting, and editing support and ensure final formatting and layout of proposals in preparation for production
- Manage the binding and packaging of final proposals and coordinate delivery as needed
- Drive the development and maintenance of reuse libraries, ensuring the libraries and the proposal sites are current, comprehensive, and accurate
- Participates in strategy discussions with the capture team and manages resulting action items
- Assist technical manager, editor and across the Team in developing win themes and story boards
- Develops and maintains relevant social media plans, themes, programs, contests, promotions, and campaigns by writing and publishing contact for all social media platforms
- Cultivates and actively maintains relationships with media and stakeholders of the Corporation
- Monitors daily engagement presence on networking sites, engaging with citizens/clients on social sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as necessary
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to discuss and quantify your contribution to the proposal win rate on new and existing business on prior BD teams supported
- Proposal writing sample required for review and discussion
- Knowledge and hands on experience with market research and analysis, interpretation and report development
- Detail oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills
- Ability to effectively balance competing priorities
- Demonstrated proficiency with web-based tools, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office applications, samples may be requested
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, supervisors, peers, and clients and in small or large group environments
- Excellent interviewing, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a group as well as independently
- Must thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated proficiency successfully managing social media channels, tracking and reporting metrics on outreach campaigns
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals and professional journals
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. It is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This job description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Social Science, or technical discipline consistent with the aforementioned domains, however, relevant experience in the areas mentioned would be considered.
- 5-10 years of progressive experience in a proposal development role in a small to medium- sized organization in the Federal contracting environment
- 5 years’ experience working closely with a Federal Contracting Business Development team(s)
- Experience conducting market and client research
- Immediately – This is a Full-Time, funded position. Can be either 1099, with option to transition to W-2 status.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. GTS has highly competitive benefits, excellent development opportunities and a great working environment. For more information on benefits follow the link: https://www.garudtechnology.com/work-with-us/careers/
About Garud Technology Services, Inc. (GTS), is a Maryland-based, Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business (EDWOSB), SBA-Certified 8(a) Firm, and a highly-specialized provider of Technical, Professional and Manufacturing services to organizations with demanding requirements. Our portfolio of customers includes DHS and DOD Program Offices tasked to develop, test and support cutting-edge technologies. Our team includes engineers and scientists with hard-to-find experience and qualifications, and we apply industry accepted quality processes including CMMI-DEV (Level II Appraised) and ISO-9001 (Certified). Learn more about GTS at www.garudtechnology.com.