Jr. Systems Engineer
Jr. Systems Engineer
Garud Technology Services, Inc. (GTS) is in search of a motivated, self-driven Systems Engineer who works well independently, has application development skills and is interested in working with software systems. Applicants must have a passion for their work, be innovative, and possess strong verbal and written communication and analytic skills. They must have experience with systems engineering process development, data analysis, and the implementation of technical solutions to real-world requirements. If you are interested in having a direct impact on matters dealing with homeland and national security, this position is for you!
Under the guidance of the Program Manager or subject matter expert, the Systems Engineer provides technical support for the analysis of Cloud migration activities and the development of a visual dashboard for data analysis and Cloud activity tracking. This individual leverages expertise in systems engineering, technical and management processes to quickly become proficient in the program-specific policies and procedures concerning its use in supporting system development and operations activities on the program. The Systems Engineer participates in efforts that develop recommendations and advise on system development, improvements, optimization; and works with associate systems engineers on the general technical and management processes and on specific implementations on other potential projects with the client.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support Systems Engineering Activities as directed and provide quality deliverables
- Provide direct support to Federal Lead(s) in relation to daily activities
- Provide technical support
- Develop a custom dashboard for the visualization of data analysis and activity status tracking
- Develop innovative ways to use data resulting from existing processes and systems to provide analysis and timely reports to inform program and technical decision making.
- Interpret and understand government standards (such as FISMA security controls) and support their application to existing and new systems.
- Set up and manage Atlassian Confluence pages and JIRA boards with the objective of providing progress transparency and improved communications among stakeholders
- Assist with coordinating meetings, drafting agendas, producing minutes, maintaining document and databases to support the Systems Engineering Manager and Project Manager as required.
- Work in a cross-functional environment and with multiple internal and external stakeholders, coordinating, communicating and implementing customer requirements
- Demonstrate proficiency with MongoDB, ExpressJS, Angular, and the Microsoft Office suite (MS Access, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Employ excellent written and verbal communication skills
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is desired, however, relevant experience in the areas mentioned would be considered.
Must have at least 2-years of professional experience in systems engineering. Related experience with IT systems/application development is preferred. Must exhibit a high degree of initiative and critical thinking skills in order to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment. Must possess strong analytical, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills. Candidates should also be capable developers with the ability to continue the development of a Dashboard providing graphical displays-based data analysis. Strong Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills are a must.
- Work to be performed at client site in Springfield, VA
Citizenship and Security Clearance Requirements:
- US citizenship is required. Selected applicant will need to successfully complete a DHS Customs and Border Protection background investigation (BI) prior to beginning work. Nothing in applicants’ history should prevent them from obtaining a security clearance. Persons with an existing BI for DHS Customs and Border Protection (CBP) are preferred.
- Immediately – This is a Full-Time, funded position
- Will be commensurate with experience. GTS has highly competitive benefits, excellent development opportunities and a great working environment. For more information on benefits follow the link: https://www.garudtechnology.com/work-with-us/careers/
About Garud Technology Services, Inc. is a Maryland-based, Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business (EDWOSB), and a highly-specialized provider of Technical and Professional services to organizations with demanding requirements. Our portfolio of customers includes the Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Education (ED), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Department of Transportation (DOT) and federal, state and local authorities tasked with developing and fielding cutting-edge technologies. Our team includes engineers, scientists and Subject Mater Experts with hard-to-find experience and qualifications, and we apply industry accepted quality processes that include CMMI-DEV (Level II Appraised) and ISO-9001:2015 (Certified). Learn more about GTS at www.garudtechnology.com.