Garud Technology Services, Inc. (GTS) is seeking a motivated Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) Specialist with demonstrated experience with IT Investment Management (ITIM) to provide support to a Federal Agency Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). This is a 5-year contract. Candidates are expected to be focused and solution-oriented individuals that work well independently while contributing to a cross-functional team of experts.
Responsibilities & Duties
This position provides CPIC support to a team of IT professionals on the enterprise-wide Department of Education (Ed) ITIM Support contract and includes providing enterprise-wide technical expertise for the Agency’s IT Portfolio. The following are stated and implied requirements of this position:
- Conduct analysis and develop / provide recommendations to IT review and decision authorities, such as the Planning and Investment Review Working Group (PIRWG), Investment Review Board (IRB), and other governance boards as requested regarding investments in the Department’s IT Portfolio and their alignment to ED’s mission. Develop and submit presentations for use in the working group and IRB. Serve as the Point of Contact for the ED OCIO regarding the IRB, PIRWG, and other governance boards as necessary.
- Conduct analysis and develop / provide recommendations to IT review and decision authorities, such as FITARA Implementation Working Group (FIWG) regarding remedial actions that are required by ED per GAO/OMB findings. Serve as the Point of Contact for the ED OCIO on FITARA implementation. Develop and submit presentations as well as following up on open action items as necessary for the FIWG.
- Support the migration from eCPIC to FOLIO and the change management associated with the migration to the new tool.
- Support internal and external data calls to include data gathering, preparation, visualization and analytics, and improve consistency, accuracy, timeliness, integrity, quality, availability, access and sharing of IT data and information across the enterprise.
- Support the achievement of Agency’s mission through the strategic selection and prioritization of IT via disciplined budget decision-making processes.
- Support the Line of Business Segment Owners (13 in all) in the preparation and maintenance of Major, Non-major and Standard IT Investment business cases for IT Select, Control and Evaluate phases of the CPIC process for 23 Department Principal Offices.
- Be able to manipulate the EDX files from eCPIC/FOLIO for data extraction into Portfolio presentations or reports. Also, be able to interpret the data from the EDX files for customers or for analysis and reporting.
- Support the integration of CPIC activities within OCIO, Budget and Procurement communities to link mission needs and IT capital assets in an effective and efficient manner.
- Develop and promote Department-wide IT Investment performance measures and metrics collection to assess agency progress in meeting requirements under the Government Performance and Results Act, Information Technology Reform Act, and other relevant legislation.
- Focus on the strategic use of emerging technologies to better manage the enterprise’s information and consistently insert those technologies into the enterprise.
- Support the CPIC processes by providing in-depth analysis to support decisions to invest in technology resources in Select, Control, and Evaluate phases. Participate in the Select phase scoring and other Select activities as part of the annual submission process. Provide advice to CPIC Liaisons regarding the Monthly submissions to the Federal IT Dashboard for the Control phase. And be prepared to assist in Operational Analysis, Post Implementation Reviews, and Lessons Learned as part of the Evaluate phase.
- Be able to provide constructive feedback regarding the design, development, or updates to CPIC processes and CPIC work products/artifacts.
- Highlight opportunities for building greater quality and flexibility into applications without increasing cost.
- Achieve economies of scale by providing mechanisms for sharing services across the enterprise.
- Provide technical writing development services to the Agency’s CPIC Program. The task involves technical writing, review and analysis of CPIC artifacts and IT Investment documents, producing CPIC briefings, brochures, articles, meeting minutes, and training manuals. Technical Writing Development for CPIC Artifacts is an inclusive term and applies, as a matrixes item, across all of the tasks in in this PWS. Rather than be an individual task, it is an integral part of organizing, formatting and presenting the content gathered by the other tasks.
- Provide ITIM planning, coordination, participation, support and execution of Agency’s capital planning program/enterprise architecture is comprised of Pre-Select, Select, Control, and Evaluate phases.
- Assist with monthly and annual submission of the Major Business Case and the IT Portfolio Summary. OMB requires agencies to submit an annual budget justification and monthly progress reports towards investment delivery. Provide support to Department, Segment Owners, and Project Managers for remediation of Major Business Cases and IT Portfolio Summary after OMB Pass back.
- Provide 1st Tier help desk support to Education’s eCPIC/FOLIO and SharePoint users. The eCPIC help desk is the first line of contact for systemic issues dealing with eCPIC.
- Plans and provide accurate and timely reporting of OMB, GAO, OIG, FITARA and other external assessments and audits. Identify the required assessment criteria and structure report templates to capture data to meet assessment objectives. Create, maintain, and submit internal and external assessment and audit reports of ITIM programs, including required OMB reporting forms.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Computer Engineering or related field is desired, however, relevant consulting experience in the areas mentioned would be considered.
- Demonstrated experience as a CPIC specialists supporting enterprise-wide IT efforts for Federal Agencies.
- 7+ years’ experience with stakeholder engagement at OCIO level.
- Experience with analytical tools like Power BI or Tableau highly desired
Work to be performed at client site in Washington, DC.
Travel is not required.
Citizenship and Security Clearance Requirements
Applicants must be a US citizen and successfully complete a Public Trust background investigation (BI) prior to beginning work. Department of Education clearance a plus.
Immediate Fill – this is a funded a position
Will be commensurate with experience. GTS has highly competitive benefits, excellent development opportunities and a great working environment. For more information on benefits follow the link: https://www.garudtechnology.com/work-with-us/careers/
Garud Technology Services, Inc. (GTS), is a Maryland-based, Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB), and a highly-specialized provider of Technical and Professional services to organizations with demanding requirements. Our portfolio of customers includes the Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Education (ED), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Department of Transportation (DOT) and federal, state and local authorities tasked with developing and fielding cutting-edge technologies. Our team includes engineers, scientists and Subject Matter Experts with hard-to-find experience and qualifications, and we apply industry accepted quality processes that include CMMI-DEV (Level II Appraised). ISO-9001 & 14001:2015 and ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 & 27001:2013 (Certified). Learn more about GTS at www.garudtechnology.com.