Garud Technology Services, Inc. (GTS) is in search of a motivated, self-driven Contract Specialist. Applicants must have a passion for their work, be innovative, and possess strong verbal and written communication and analytic skills. Under the guidance of the Task Order Manager (TOM), the Contract Specialist participates in efforts that develop, recommend and advise on business process improvements, optimization.
The Contract Specialist shall provide senior level support and assistance in coordination and oversight of acquisition projects as designated in specific task orders for our Government customer Acquisition Services Office and should possess all of the knowledge requirements delineated below.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study required. This includes at least 24 semester hours among accounting, law, business, finance, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, and organization and management.
- Experience and Subject Matter expertise in FAR regulations and policies.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with senior personnel.
- Ability to read and interpret Federal acquisition policy, regulations, and directives and to apply those interpretations fully and legally to required deliverables.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities – Required
- Provide a wide range of professional acquisition and contract support services in the areas of pre-award, award, and post award support to include acquisition planning, source selection, as well as contract administration and management. List them in order of importance.
- Issue awards for the following types of contracts;
- Provide advice, recommendations, and document support to multiple offices in all areas of the acquisition requirements phase.
- Assist in development and preparation of pre-award Statements of Work (SOW), Statements of Objective (SOO) and other requirements documents. This effort includes assisting business units in researching and drafting requirements and standards, including Performance-based Work Statements (PWS); developing performance measures, providing consultation and recommendations; and coordinating requirements documents.
- Provide advice and recommendations for all elements in acquisition plans Research existing Government- wide contracts for available products and services. Evaluate different approaches to and sources for acquisition support. Research available suppliers and compare the services and costs of obtaining support from the different providers.
- Provide assistance to the business units in preparing Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCEs). Such assistance may include and is not limited to research and analysis of past purchases of similar products or services, current market value of the products or services, other agency purchases of similar products and services.
- Prepare Request for Quotes (RFQs), Request for Proposals (RFPs) including two-phased design/build solicitations, and Combined Synopsis/Solicitations.
- Assist in conducting market research to identify potential sources and contract vehicles.
- Assist in evaluation process and assure written documentation to support both informal and formal source selection procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities – Preferred
- Ability to conduct a 360 Degree Contract File Assessment to review and evaluate both the pre and post award contract files
- The ability to determine if the Contract’s procurement is in compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation, U.S. Department of Homeland Security and FEMA acquisition and procurement policies.
- Ability to evaluate all official contract file documentation to determine the incorporation of meeting the FAR standard and agency standards towards effecting “sound business judgment.
- Work to be performed at client site in Washington, DC, L’Enfant Plaza -Telecommuting allowed after phase- in period.
Citizenship and Security Clearance Requirements:
- Ability to obtain & maintain a Public Trust Security Clearance.
- Immediately – This is a Full-Time, funded position.
- Will be commensurate with experience. GTS has highly competitive benefits, excellent development opportunities and a great working environment. For more information on benefits follow the link: https://www.garudtechnology.com/work-with-us/careers/.
About Garud Technology Services, Inc. is a Maryland-based, Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business (EDWOSB), and a highly-specialized provider of Technical and Professional services to organizations with demanding requirements. Our portfolio of customers includes the Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Education (ED), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Department of Transportation (DOT) and federal, state and local authorities tasked with developing and fielding cutting-edge technologies. Our team includes engineers, scientists and Subject Mater Experts with hard-to-find experience and qualifications, and we apply industry accepted quality processes that include CMMI-DEV (Level II Appraised) and ISO-9001:2015 (Certified). Learn more about GTS at www.garudtechnology.com.