Garud Technology Services, Inc. (GTS) is in search of a motivated, self-driven Contract Specialist. Applicants must have a passion for their work, be innovative, and possess strong verbal and written communication and analytic skills. Under the guidance of the Task Order Lead, the Contract Specialist participates in efforts that develop, recommend and advise on business process improvements, optimization.
The Contract Specialist will provide support and assistance in coordination and oversight of acquisition projects as designated in specific task orders for our Government customer and should possess all of the knowledge requirements delineated and implied below.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide a wide range of professional acquisition and contract support services in the areas of pre-award, award, and post-award support to include acquisition planning, source selection, as well as contract administration and management.
- Provide advice, recommendations, and document support to multiple offices in all areas of the acquisition requirements phase.
- Support issue awards for the multiple types of contracts.
- Assist in development and preparation of pre-award Statements of Work (SOWs), Statements of Objective (SOO) and other requirements documents. This effort includes assisting business units in researching and drafting requirements and standards, including Performance-based Work Statements (PWS); developing performance measures, providing consultation and recommendations; and coordinating requirements documents.
- Provide advice and recommendations for all elements in acquisition plans; research existing Government-wide contracts for available products and services. Evaluate different approaches to and sources for acquisition support. Research available suppliers and compare the services and costs of obtaining support from the different providers.
- Provide assistance to the business units in preparing Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCEs). Such assistance may include and is not limited to research and analysis of past purchases of similar products or services, current market value of the products or services, other agency purchases of similar products and services.
- Prepare Request for Quotes (RFQs), Request for Proposals (RFPs) including two-phased design/build solicitations, and Combined Synopsis/Solicitations.
- Assist in conducting market research to identify potential sources and contract vehicles.
- Assist in evaluation process and assure written documentation to support both informal and formal source selection procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities – Required
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study with at least 7 years of experience (or Master’s degree with at least 3 years experience) within the field required including initiating, planning, developing, executing/managing, monitoring, controlling, and closing large-scale programs, including service delivery contracts and mission critical programs and directly supporting complex federal government acquisition programs/projects.
- Experience in acquisition regulations and policies, including the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Homeland Security Acquisition Regulation (HSAR) and Homeland Security Acquisition Manual (HSAM).
- Ability to read and interpret Federal acquisition policy, regulations, and directives and to apply those interpretations fully and legally to required deliverables.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with senior personnel.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities – Preferred
- Master’s Degree in relevant field of study preferred.
- Certification in one of the following areas: Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA), Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C), or Certified Federal Contract Manager (CFCM).
Work to be performed at client site in Washington, DC, L’Enfant Plaza -Telecommuting allowed after phase-in period with client approval.
Citizenship and Security Clearance Requirements
Ability to obtain & maintain a Public Trust Security Clearance.
Immediately – This is a Full-Time, funded position.
Will be commensurate with experience. GTS has highly competitive benefits, excellent development opportunities and a great working environment. For more information on benefits follow the link: https://www.garudtechnology.com/work-with-us/careers/.
Garud Technology Services, Inc. (GTS), is a Maryland-based, Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB), and a highly-specialized provider of Technical and Professional services to organizations with demanding requirements. Our portfolio of customers includes the Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Education (ED), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Department of Transportation (DOT) and federal, state and local authorities tasked with developing and fielding cutting-edge technologies. Our team includes engineers, scientists and Subject Matter Experts with hard-to-find experience and qualifications, and we apply industry accepted quality processes that include CMMI-DEV (Level II Appraised). ISO-9001 & 14001:2015 and ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 & 27001:2013 (Certified). Learn more about GTS at www.garudtechnology.com.